Claim 50% matching grant up to RM5000 per company
Novo Reperio is an Approved Technology Service Provider (TSP) by MDEC
This grant is limited to the first 100,000 eligible SMEs
What is SME Digitalisation Grant Malaysia Initiative?
The Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Digitalisation Initiative (“the Initiative”) is offered to small and medium enterprises under the Budget 2020 to obtain digitalisation services from service providers registered with the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) (“Service Providers”). The initiative is also available to the Cooperative sector (Koperasi) as announced under Initiative #9 Pemerkasa Program in March 2021.
The amount allocated by the Ministry of Finance of Malaysia through BSN as the payer Bank for each eligible SME/Coop (“Applicant”) to carry out the digitalisation process and other services listed in this Initiative, is 50% of the total amount invoiced by the Service Provider or up to RM5,000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia: Five Thousand Only), whichever is lower
Get your matching grant up to RM5,000 with us.
How to apply for MDEC SME Matching Grant Malaysia?
Can a company apply for software enhancement/upgrade?
- The application is only for new solutions and not for new version or upgrade. The intention is for companies to adopt new technology.
If a company applies for 2 solutions, do they need to submit 2 applications?
- No. Only 1 application is acceptable and up to 5 solutions with max RM5000 grant.
If the contract is for 5 years, can we apply the grant based on the 5 years invoice?
- No. The grant is only valid for a 1-year service only.
If a company signs up for 2 years and payment milestones are quarterly basis, will BSN accept the application?
- Yes, if they meet the criteria. However, quarterly payment may be a little hassle and a 1 year pay-out is preferred.
If SMEs would like to pay the 50% to TSPs prior to approval from BSN, is this possible?
- It is possible however, TSPs will need to take the risk if the application is not approved.
For franchises, they are from separate companies. Are they eligible to apply separately?
- Yes, because they are from different companies.
Is the company operation must be at least more than 1 year?
- Yes. We are not focusing on mature company
If company has multiple outlet however registered under 1 company only. Can they apply for multiple applications?
- No. Application is for per company.
If a company applies from multiple TSPs, do they have to apply for multiple application?
- No. Only 1 application and the solutions should not duplicate from 1 TSP to another
Who shall apply for the grant?
- SMEs will apply for the grant.
If the company subscription is form 1 Jan 2020 until 31 December 2020, can they apply for the grant?
- No. It’s for new solutions and after 17 Feb 2020 only (after the launch date).
Is it acceptable if the invoice is from a third party vendor?
- The programme is between SMEs and TSPs within the ecosystem. Invoice should be from selected TSPs only.
If company received a different grant from SMEBANK, SMECORP, etc are they eligible to apply?
- Yes. Different grant serves different purposes.
Will SMEBANK/BSN check on the price list. Example a TSPs mark up the price with intention to meet the max RM 5k grant. How does SMEBANK/BSN act to this?
- If SMEBANK/BSN found out that any TSPs marked up the price, they will be disqualified immediately
The eligible criteria stated for SMEs, how about “Koperasi” as they operate like a business entity
- If they meet all the criteria, its acceptable.
What if the package is inclusive training/maintenance, will the grant cover for it?
- No. The grant is exclusively for the solutions only.